Lincolnshire builder wins nationwide Job of the Year award!
A builder from Sleaford in Lincolnshire has scooped the top spot in MyBuilder’s Job of the Year competition - winning £5,000 cash to split with the homeowner who nominated him.
MyBuilder.com, the leading online marketplace for homeowners to find quality tradesmen, this week announced the winner of its Job of the Year competition.
The competition aimed to find tradesmen who went above and beyond to do a brilliant job against the odds. Over 1,600 homeowners from all over the UK entered, nominating great MyBuilder tradesmen they used in the past year and telling the stories of how they saved the day in their homes. Members of the public were then invited to vote for the most inspiring story.
Almost 34,000 people cast their vote; and the 12 entries with the greatest number of votes went into a shortlist. Finally, a MyBuilder panel chose Martin Robinson, of MJO Limited in Sleaford, as the ultimate winner!
Martin worked tirelessly on a huge renovation job for homeowner Ellouise Hempstead. He brought exceptional levels of dedication, energy and expertise to the project, and even sourced and supplied thousands of pounds worth of materials for free.
Asked how it felt to win the competition, Ellouise said:
“We're absolutely thrilled and cannot believe we've been picked. Thank you so much. Martin is so deserving of this award and the prize. We just keep pinching ourselves!
“It just shows that helping others really does make a difference and hopefully it will inspire other tradesmen to follow suit and grow public confidence in the building trade.”
She also explained how Martin’s involvement had helped the job progress:
“It really wouldn’t have been the same project if we’d gone with another builder. We wouldn’t be anywhere near where we are today without his input and innovation.
“He’s come up with loads of different ideas and perspectives that have made the project so much more than it would have been.”
“It was such a nice surprise to have been put forward for the award. It makes you take even more pride in your work.
“My half of the prize money is probably going back into my own house. I did want it for a Harley-Davidson, but my other half has told me that’s not allowed!”
Martin and Ellouise continue to work together to achieve her dream of moving into her new home in time for Christmas.
Commenting on the competition results, MyBuilder CEO and Founder Ryan Notz said:
“Huge congratulations to Martin for winning our first ever Job of the Year award. He and Ellouise faced some extremely tough competition, but Martin’s dedication, expertise and energy really stood out and we are delighted to present them with the prize.
“Celebrating our excellent tradesmen is a big part of what MyBuilder is about, and we hope this competition has helped shine a light on their outstanding achievements.”
For more information and photographs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes for editors
www.mybuilder.com is an an online marketplace that enables consumers to find excellent tradesmen, with a mission to change the building industry for good.
Based on a principle of accountability through feedback, our unique system makes finding quality tradesmen easier and helps quality builders to find better work.
Around 35,000 tradesmen use the site, some 55,000 jobs are posted every month, and 2.1 million jobs have been posted to date.
To download the MyBuilder logo and photograph of CEO Ryan Notz, visit our press centre.
— 2017-02-10 11:30:00
- 4th Dec 2017 Heroic Tradesmen are giving up their time this Christmas to help families in need
- 1st Aug 2017 We need to talk about the state of Britain’s bathrooms
- 10th Feb 2017 Lincolnshire builder wins nationwide Job of the Year award!
- 10th Feb 2017 Ten tradesmen who put the ‘great’ into Great Britain!
- 8th Sep 2015 Everything you thought you knew about builders is wrong | #ModernBuilder
- 1st Sep 2015 Hextable‐based Builder Becomes Kent’s Number One Tradesperson
- 20th Aug 2015 The Winner of Britain’s Worst Garden Competition
- 20th Aug 2015 Have you got Britain’s Worst Garden?
- 20th Aug 2015 Tradesmen Prefer Tories, But Would Rather Work With Farage
- 11th May 2015 HERO PROJECT 2013
- 26th Jun 2014 BRITAIN’S WORST KITCHEN – IT’S OFFICIAL!
- 4th Sep 2012 MyBuilder.com seeks out Best Builders’ Breakfast in Britain
- 30th Jul 2012 MyBuilder.com makes sure your builder is not stuck in Olympic traffic