Hextable‐based Builder Becomes Kent’s Number One Tradesperson
Originally from from the Outer Hebrides in Scotland, at the age of 20 years old Neil of NMW Building Services moved down to London looking for building work. “I got my apprenticeship and came down to London for work.” said Neil.
Neil joined MyBuilder.com in 2012 and hasn’t looked back since. The site has helped him win over 30 large jobs including extensions, loft conversions, general conversions as well as lots of smaller kitchen fitting and roofing jobs. Furthermore, he has also built ten houses from scratch in Scotland ‐ a fact many can’t believe here in London.
What has made him such a success in the area is his professionalism and quality of work. He is happy to have detailed and long conversations with homeowners to understand their needs and wants, and to advise them on areas such as planning permission and regulations. “I write a very detailed quote at the beginning of every job. I price everything myself so it’s listed out where all the money goes from start to finish. From footings to the initial build, costs are broken down to the last screw. It takes me roughly two weeks to price a big job for a quote. There is a lot of work involved, but if you do it properly and honestly, you won’t lose money. The customer will not be surprised with any hidden costs later on which can cause distrust. A homeowner just wants to know where their money is going.” said Neil.
It is important for a homeowner to understand who they are hiring and the quality of work they will produce. Neil goes to this extent to ensure the homeowner’s peace of mind and at the end of the day make something everyone is happy with. He even carries this determination through to the smallest project, like fitting the occasional cat flap.
Neil’s MyBuilder profile: http://www.mybuilder.com/profile/view/neil7891
MyBuilder is an online marketplace that brings together homeowners and tradesmen, offering an open and transparent platform that promotes and supports high‐quality work. Working on a principle of accountability through feedback, tradesmen are rated on their workmanship by those who hire them, making it easier to find high quality builders and for builders to find good quality jobs.
40,000 jobs posted a month
Over 20,000 tradesmen covering the UK
For press enquiries please contact email@example.com
— 2015-09-01 13:04:24
- 4th Dec 2017 Heroic Tradesmen are giving up their time this Christmas to help families in need
- 1st Aug 2017 We need to talk about the state of Britain’s bathrooms
- 10th Feb 2017 Lincolnshire builder wins nationwide Job of the Year award!
- 10th Feb 2017 Ten tradesmen who put the ‘great’ into Great Britain!
- 8th Sep 2015 Everything you thought you knew about builders is wrong | #ModernBuilder
- 1st Sep 2015 Hextable‐based Builder Becomes Kent’s Number One Tradesperson
- 20th Aug 2015 The Winner of Britain’s Worst Garden Competition
- 20th Aug 2015 Have you got Britain’s Worst Garden?
- 20th Aug 2015 Tradesmen Prefer Tories, But Would Rather Work With Farage
- 11th May 2015 HERO PROJECT 2013
- 26th Jun 2014 BRITAIN’S WORST KITCHEN – IT’S OFFICIAL!
- 4th Sep 2012 MyBuilder.com seeks out Best Builders’ Breakfast in Britain
- 30th Jul 2012 MyBuilder.com makes sure your builder is not stuck in Olympic traffic