How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable plumbers in Cambridge. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested plumbers through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
How much do plumbing services cost in Cambridge?
Plumbers in Cambridge typically charge between £40 and £70 per hour, depending on the job. For larger projects such as fittings and renovations, you might pay a day rate of anywhere between £500 and £650.
Be aware of additional costs, such as:
- Minimum call-out fee: this can sometimes apply for very small jobs that take less than an hour, for example.
- Out-of-hours fee: if you need a plumber in the evening or over the weekend, you can expect to be charged more.
MyBuilder does not charge customers a registration fee or monthly subscription, and you post your job for free, so you only pay for the work you need. Have a look at our handy pricing guide for more information on plumbing costs.
Can I find a plumber near me in Cambridge with MyBuilder?
If you’re looking for a local plumber in Cambridge, MyBuilder can help. You include your postcode when you post your job, and we then match you with all the available plumbers in your area.
A local plumber will be familiar with traffic and best routes, like getting around the one-way systems in Central, Newton, Romsey and Petersfield, as well as any time-consuming parking issues in your area.
Local plumbers will also be aware of any relevant plumbing legislation, and can quickly and easily make a return visit if necessary.
How do I find the best plumbers in Cambridge?
Here at MyBuilder, we’ve got a network of reliable and experienced plumbers in Cambridge. All tradespeople are vetted by us before we list them, and over a third of those who apply are turned down to ensure you’re getting the best out there.
To make sure you’re getting the right tradesperson for the job, consider the following before you choose who to shortlist:
- What kind of reviews have they received from other customers?
- Are they Gas Safe-registered? If your job involves gas pipework, they’ll need to be.
- Do they charge a minimum call-out fee on top of their hourly rate?
- Are they a member of the CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering)? While not strictly necessary, membership of the CIPHE gives customers confidence that a plumber is complying with certain work protocols.
For more information on finding the best plumber for your job, check out our helpful hiring guide.
Top Plumber Reviews
Plumbers working near Cambridge in Cambridgeshire have an average review score of 99% positive based on 3,843 homeowner reviews.
Trusted by experts
Don’t just take our word for it, homeowners love MyBuilder too. We’re proud to be rated by Mumsnet.
TOP 10 JOBS for plumbers
- Leaking pipe repair
- Pipe replacement
- Drain Unblocking
- Toilet flush repair
- Bathroom repairs
- Dripping tap repair
- Fixture repairs
- Tap replacement
- Leaking cistern repair
- Shower replacement
Towns near Cambridge
- Newham Croft
- Butt Green
- Romsey Town
- Coldham's Common
- Jesus Green
- Midsummer Common
- New Chesterton
- Chesterton Fen Road Estate
- Fallow Field
- Ditton Fields
- Fen Ditton
- Red Cross
Other trades in Cambridge
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Plumber
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- Have i ripped off my customer??
- How to re-pressurize potterton promax combi he plus
- New shower - tile first? or install shower first and tile round?
- I have a sealed pan unit and need to replace seat,do i need to remove the whole pan