How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable painters & decorators in Portsmouth. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested painters & decorators through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
Where can I find qualified painters in Portsmouth?
While it may be tempting to attempt DIY painting, let’s be honest: the professionals are far more likely to do a better job.
If you’re looking for a painter or decorator in Portsmouth, MyBuilder is here to help. We offer a handy matchmaking service to connect you to qualified tradespeople in your local area. All you need to do is post your job on the MyBuilder platform, and experienced and interested painters and decorators can express interest. Then, the choice is yours.
Approximately 90% of job posts receive interest, so you’ll likely find someone perfect for the project.
How much do painters and decorators near me cost?
Most painters and decorators in Portsmouth charge a daily fee, typically between £150 and £200. Painting and decorating companies in Portsmouth are likely to charge more than sole traders, though.
However, there are other costs to consider, such as the cost of the paint. Depending on the quality and type, paint can cost anything from £10 to £50 for five litres. Removing wallpaper can also add to the final cost. And if the plaster underneath needs extra work before it can be painted, this can significantly increase the overall cost.
Learn more about painting and decorating costs by looking at our pricing guide.
How do I choose a painter and decorator in Portsmouth?
Choosing the right painter and decorator for your project is important for the best results.
Consider the following tips before choosing:
- Learn some basic knowledge about painting and decorating
- Pick a specialist instead of a general handyperson
- Discuss the potential tradesperson’s work process
- Request quotes from each tradesperson you’re considering
- Pick someone with plenty of specific experience
- Discuss how long the job will take
Make sure you choose someone with specialised, recent experience in your job. Don’t be shy to ask for examples of their previous work in person.
For more detailed advice on choosing a painter in Portsmouth, check out our guide.
Top Painter & Decorator Reviews
Painters & Decorators working near Portsmouth in Hampshire have an average review score of 99% positive based on 7,554 homeowner reviews.
Trusted by experts
Don’t just take our word for it, homeowners love MyBuilder too. We’re proud to be rated by Mumsnet.
Towns near Portsmouth
- Hayling Island
- Lee On The Solent
- Rowland's Castle
- East Cowes
- Bognor Regis
Other trades in Portsmouth
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Painter & Decorator
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- How to paint onto new plaster
- My staircase has been transformed from varnish to white gloss. however, i'm wondering if the painter and decorator has done it properly?
- Painting on newly plastered walls - need to put any other surface covering on walls before painting?
- Painting radiators