Roof finishing,kitchen/bath fit,board/plaster. - Restoration & Refurbishment job in Sunderland, Tyne And Wear
TradeRestoration & Refurbishment
Posted3664 days ago by anon-180806201503492221
Job description no longer available
Feedback for redf
Take caution when you consider hiring this builder, I wish I did!
They caused more than £600 worth of damage to our new kitchen and left most of the jobs with a very poor finish.
After we threw almost £10,500 at them, we now have to fork out between £1,500 and £ 2,000 to put the place straight.
Just some examples:
- most of the tiling (grouting) is unfinished
- more than £600 worth of damage to kitchen worktops, door, draws and units(cupboards don't even hang level)
- several holes in various walls
- the bath is not fitted/secured properly
- the top of the extractor fan in the kitchen is not secured, so when you turn it on, the aluminium top blows off into your face
- heated towel holder is not at a straight angle
- shower holder is not fitted
- none of the pipes in the bathrooms are boxed in
- they fitted a carpet just to leave it like a big rug, unsecured, but with 3 huge holes in the middle of it, but sorry I forgot, they secured it with some masking tape by the door
- some of the skirting boards are too short, others are too long and fitted behind (!) door frames, so that these door frames now stick out
- we never received any paperwork regarding the electrical work or the boiler check carried out
This list actually continues, but I am getting too stressed.
For a result like this I might as well have done it myself.
The Trading Standards Authority are now dealing with them.
A number of times I have been trying to contact them to give them the chance to sort out the mess they've caused. I phoned and I eventually contacted them in writing - no joy. They actually had the cheak to put the phone down on me in the end.
I cannot recommend this builder at all, it was just a case of grabbing the customer's cash and then leaving the customer to sort out the mess themselves.
homeowner 30th Oct, 2008 Negative feedback
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery