2 storey/single/1st floor extension/porch/driveway - Extensions job in March, Cambridgeshire
I have Planning Permission and Building Regs approval for the following work:
'Erection of a part 2-stoey, part first-floor and single storey rear extensions and porch to front of existing dwelling'
Small detached house in Cambridgeshire, built 1928 with yellow bricks from London Brick Company, has recessed sash windows and slate roof.
(1) Alter & extend gravel driveway to allow for additional car par spaces. Appox 155 sq mtrs. May require demolition of 8ft x 16ft Asbestos garage and a concrete slab coal bunker.
(2) Front Porch. 3.5 x 1.5 mtr. Block work to be rendered. Strip/Trench Foundations 600mm, 1mtr deep with a 150mm reinforced concrete suspended slab, with a142 mesh top and bottom.
Cast stone cills for 2 x sash windows and front door. Cast Stone lintel above door, designed the same as existing house. Doors and windows to be recessed and supplied by Mumford & Wood. Tiles to be Marley Eternit Rivendale cement slates.
(3) Fit new straight Staircase and handrails.
(4) 2-Storey Extension. 3.5 x 3.5 mtr
Demolish existing conservatory. Foundations as per Porch. Blockwork finished with Marley Eternit Cedral Weatherboard in Blue Grey. Fit 3 x Sash windows and french doors. Roof will have a Dormer Window, finsihed in tiles as per porch.
(5) Single Storey extension 2.5 x 2.5 mtr
Demolish existing utility room. Foundations/cladding/roof as per 2-storey extension. 2 x Sash windows and a PVCU rear door.
(6) 1st Floor extension. 2 x 3.2 mtr
Existing foundations should be able to carry the addition weight. Roof will have a Dormer Window. Fit bath / toilet / sink. This is being built above existing kitchen which will be used during works so full waterproofing needs to be considered. Cladding / roof same as 2-storey extension
(7) Bedroom 3
Fit partition wall to create hallway to bathroom. Fit 2 x Skylights.
- Replace all tiles on existing house.
- Chimneys needs pointing.
- All drainage needs replacing, and soakaways installing at front and rear.
- New Floor levels need to match existing. Rear Garden may need lowering slightly in order to achieve this.
- New Guttering / facia boards.
- Knock throughs into new bedroom / bathroom and Porch.
- Would like to see a seperate quote for all the internal works ( plastering/electics/plumbing etc )
* The following information was added Wednesday, 10th September, 2008 :
Polite request : Please don't quote for this job without seeing the site first, as I will just automatically decline your offer. This isn't eBay....
* The following information was added Friday, 19th September, 2008 :
I am not taking anymore viewings at the moment
Feedback for Steve Nicholls Builder
I split my extension into three phases, the first being a water tight shell, the second internal works and the third landscaping.
I hired Steve to carry out Phase 1. I had three quotes, but chose Steve as he showed most interest by carrying out two site visits and looking through the plans thoroughly before submitting a price.
During the build process, Steve demonstrated a vast depth of knowledge in construction and building regulations. I felt at all times that he was in full control of the project.
The quality of work was very high. Time was taken to do the job properly. Steve was onsite everyday.
I kept an online diary of progress which has plenty of pictures.
As a result of the high standard of work for Phase 1, I then hired Steve to take on Phase 2, the internal works. I ran out of money for Phase 3.
In summary, would I recommend SanBuild : Yes, I think your project would be in safe hands.
wildone 7th Jul, 2009 Positive feedback
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery