Fit new wetroom, new heating system and some other bits - Restoration & Refurbishment job in Wimbledon, South London
TradeRestoration & Refurbishment
3. Install a fully pressurised electrical central heating system incorporating an electric boiler Amptec- Santon or similar, 4 radiators and a towel rail.
4. Install a pressurised, 150 litre direct cylinder (make to be specified) and connect to hot water pipes.
12. Remove complete bathroom contents suite, tiles etc
13. Repair existing floor plywood where required
14. Create a wall void to house bathroom pipe work and shower valve incorporating a wall storage unit and Shaver point
15. Create a raised shower area for a walk-in shower and to house bathroom and heating pipe work
16. Install a close-coupled toilet (to be provided)
17. Install a basin (to be provided)
18. Install shower screen
19. Install new thermostatic shower valve and associated pipe work (valve to be provided)
20. Whole floor to be layered with a waterproof membrane so it becomes a wet room
21. Install under-floor electric heating with insulating underlay
22. Tile floor area (tiles to be provided). Tiles may need to be sealed.
23. Tile total wall area of bathroom floor to ceiling (tiles to be provided). Tiles may need to be sealed.
Few bits of kitchen work
38. Protect newly installed oak flooring where required
42. Complete double door repairs: paint, filler etc
43. Relocate telephone cables
44. Remove archway
45. Using the new gap to help, lay a 12KW cable from the fuse box to the new boiler to power it. Also lay a normal power cable for the new thermostat.
46. Make good-repair ceiling and walls
47. Skim hallway ceiling, plaster and paint. Paint walls.
48. Protect newly installed oak flooring where required
49. New cupboard: Remove archway above the existing sink
50. New cupboard: Cap off water supplies
51. New cupboard: Remove sink and associated plumbing. Repair where necessary.
52. New cupboard: Remove existing cupboard interior
53. New cupboard: Redecorate wardrobe interior (paint)
54. New cupboard: Create –install storage interior (3 MDF shelves)
55. New cupboard: Install door and frame within newly formed opening
56. Re-plaster remaining bulk head, skim ceiling in wardrobe area, plaster and paint.
57. Paint wall areas in wardrobe area.
58. Install Led lighting around the ceiling of the wardrobe area.
Wardrobe work in both bedrooms and hallway
Feedback for Metro Renovations Ltd
Dereck did a fantastic job on our bathroom and bedrooms. This is the second time we have had builders in to renovate the flat. Dereck and Lucas did a substantially better job than the previous lot, who were incompetent in comparison. Things that were especially excellent about Dereck and Lucas' work are:
- All our personal possessions and the previously-laid wood floor were fully and properly protected before any work was started. Throughout the 6 weeks, Dereck continued to cover our possessions even though we were living in the small flat at the same time and had to access things.
- The finish was great in all areas. Dereck put in a lot of effort to get the finish right, especially for the painting and tiling.
- Dereck can be trusted to complete work in good taste. This is extremely important because it means you don't have to supervise 24x7. There were a couple of changes we asked for, which Dereck was happy to do at no extra charge.
- Dereck's rates are very reasonable. We itemised every piece of work and ticked them off together only when we both agreed they were complete. All payments were logged carefully and signed for by both of us.
jrh44 10th Mar, 2013 Positive feedback
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery