Re-felt a 10'6x7'7 flat roof or replace with a pitched - Roofing job in Gateshead, Tyne And Wear
Posted2098 days ago by fisher0078
Start dateJan/Feb 2013
I'm looking for a quote to get a felt roof replaced like-for-like (option 1) or replaced with a pitched roof (option 2). I would prefer option 2 but if it's too expensive I'll go for the 1st option of re-felting.
I'm in the process of buying a new house and have been given this advice in a survey:
"The roof to the kitchen extension is badly weathered and split. In addition,
evidence of damp staining was noted to the adjacent ceiling. Although this area
was dry at the time of inspection it is likely to be a sign of an ongoing problem.
This roof will require replacing as soon as possible."
- The roof is flat and covered with felt and is on a single storey extension built in the '60s.
- I'm looking for a quote to see how much it would be to re-felt the roof with a similar flat design (option 1). Alternatively I'm interested in a 2nd quote to see how much it would cost to replace the roof with a new pitched design with a Velux window (option 2).
- The roof is approx 3.19m x 2.32m (10'6 x 7'7).
- I don't think scaffolding will be required for the first option of re-felting.
- Can the quote include labour and materials.
- I'm looking to get quotes by the end of next week and the work to be done in the new year (when the house purchase is complete). I would wait until the work was done before moving in so it doesn't matter about the disruption to kitchen.
Feedback for image property services
I was very happy with the work carried out - thanks.
fisher0078 3rd Sep, 2013 Positive feedback
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery