Plans for extension/renovation-open-plan kitchen/diner - Architecture job in Cardiff, South Glamorgan
- Extension: Full regulation plans (for builders & building regs)
We have recently bought a 1930s semi-detached house and wish to:
- integrate the existing conservatory with the kitchen by knocking down the wall separating the two rooms, and also extending the room that is currently the conservatory slightly (less than a metre out), to square it off with the outside rear wall of the kitchen;
- knock through the interior wall separating the dining room from the kitchen;
- replace the pitched roof over the kitchen and the conservatory roof with a flat fibreglass roof with two lanterns;
- build a pantry in part of what is now the dining room;
- move the boiler from one of the upstairs bedrooms to the rear of the kitchen;
- install a window and bi-fold doors across the rear wall of the property in place of the current window and two sets of French doors.
We would really appreciate some help with the design to realise our vision, and ultimately to provide plans to satisfy the local authority building control team. We already have structural drawings for the flat roof and two lanterns.
Feedback for SJ Architecture
We were impressed by Steve from the outset: he responded to our advert promptly and we arranged for him to visit our new house shortly afterwards.
Although we already had a reasonably good idea of what we wanted to do at the house, Steve’s input was invaluable in clarifying and articulating our vision on paper. He was responsive and a pleasure to work with throughout and made some excellent suggestions, but in a relaxed and always cost-conscious way (which cannot be said of many TV architects!).
Moreover, Steve was completely on top of the Building Control process, helping us to gain conditional full plans approval, extraordinarily, within two days of submitting our application to Cardiff Council.
We don’t intend on carrying out further major building works for a very long time (!), but would definitely instruct Steve again if that were to change.
g-man_25 16th Aug, 2019 Positive feedback
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Tradesmen
- Tradesmen in CF14