Boiler replacement and new radiators. - Gas Work job in Swadlincote, Derbyshire
Building an extension starting august / september and need quotes for the following -
Replacement boiler, this will need installing in new location and will require the removal of hot water cylinder and general updating of system which is approx 15 years old. At least 3 new radiators. New pipework for cooker in kitchen extension. Moving some existing raditors. Gas pipe will need re routing.
- The following information was added Wednesday, 22nd July, 2009 : House floor plan is approx 96sqm, including hall stairs and landing.
the building has a footprint approx 6.75m * 7.2m.
it was buildt approx 12 - 15 years ago.
currently have 9 raditors but have no radiator on landing area.
new extension will require 4 new rads and then 1 for the landing.
so will need 5 new rads making atotal of 14. although 2 of these are only 600 mm square.
- The following information was added Thursday, 30th July, 2009 : current system is Y system.
looking at aquote for a worcester 37cdi will need to vent through the roof, boiler to go in an upstairs cupboard.
Feedback for ST SHAW & SON LTD
Not happy with work done . Condensate pipe frozen for 5 days so no heating for 5 days. No heating for 3 days in feb 2010 and 6 days in dec 2010, called office and 7 days latter still not received a response. spoke to worcester bosch who advised of correct install techniques so this pipe should have been lagged. 2) Plastic pipe used for central heating was on view inside property and looks like a bodge.Leaks on joins of plastic pipe like a yellow stain looks like a bodge.
4) New radiators fitted weren't level and look a mess.
5) New Rad werent up to required output for bathroom size
6)Wesley fitted roof boiler flue, but hole in membrane is very messy and water is leaking in around flue into loft.
7) floor boards were cut and were refitted very poorly. ie no suport around holes cut. so floorboards are now unsafe.
8) the soil pipe fitted didnt have any roding points ( so will have to be redone to satisfy building control ), the face of one brick was totally blown off, and other holes made werent sealed allowing damp and water into building.
I could expect this standard of work from a diy bodger but not from a corgi registered plumber. The job was a total bodge, the term slap dash give me the cash come to mind.I have asked corgi to check the installation.
I ddint realise how poor the quality of their workmanship was until we started having problems with the heating. At 4K THIS WORKMASHIP IS VERY POOR.
westie1961 16th Dec, 2010 Negative feedback
ST SHAW & SON LTD's reply:
Why wasnt these problems told to me when i was doing the work i would have done my best to re do the work when u paid me you was happy also the job was not 4k it was more 3k.I always deal with problem but if u dont say any thing i cant fix the problems i beleive there was none when i lift the job,the condensing pipe frozen is very commen in minus 5 to 15 i well in the regs.why have u not rang me on my mobile i will come and see you in person shortly.
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Tradesmen
- Tradesmen in DE11