General refurb of terraced property - Restoration & Refurbishment job in Wigan, Lancashire
TradeRestoration & Refurbishment
Posted1856 days ago by jacovanbiljon (5 jobs)
I am looking for someone that can do a General Refurb of a property in Wigan. Property is in quite a knackered condition. I don't have any room-dimensions at the moment, but it's an average sized 2-up/2-down mid-terraced house. And here is a few things that needs doing:
- Property needs to be converted into a mini HMO: Bathroom is currently a fair size and can be turned into a bedroom. Steel some space from the other 2 bedrooms to provide a new shared bathroom.
- Living Room and Dining Room are currently connected: Add in Partition wall to have 2 separate rooms that will provide a downstairs bedroom and Living Room/Diner. Electrical and gas meters would need to be moved, for it to not be in a bedroom.
- Kitchen, rip out current and replace with new kitchen. Leak from bathroom above have caused a big part of the ceiling to have collapsed.
- There are damp/mould under most windows that needs to be taken care of. Most walls are plastered but would require a touch-up / skim throughout.
- New ceilings throughout.
- Electrical Re-wire throughout.
- New carpets throughout common areas and bedrooms
- New tiles in Kitchen and Bathroom
- New paint throughout
- 4/5 new Fire doors to bedrooms
- Boiler service/maintenance
- Fire Alarms
- All the necessary certificates and guarantees to be provided by a competent person.
I would be grateful if you could provide me with an estimate for the work. I am currently in the process of buying the property, so access is limited, but can be arranged.
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Many thanks.
Feedback for DMR Plastering & Building
From asking for a quote, right to the last coat of paint, David was professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. The quote was extremely detailed and accurate - David visited the property with all the other trades that would be involved. There were a few minor extras - items that revealed itself as the house was stripped back to brick - but this is to be expected. Any problems/extras were clearly communicated (with a possible solution) and quoted with enough time to assess and review.
The process was planned thoroughly and for the amount of work that needed to be done, I am still amazed that the work was completed ON TIME! The end result is a piece of work to be proud of - the quality of his work and the finishes exceeded my expectation.
David is a good communicator - I live far away from the property, but I always knew what was happening on site, with regular phone calls, FaceTime-calls, photographs of progress etc.
I recommend anyone to use DMR Plastering & Building. If I had another property to refurbish I would contact David without a doubt.
jacovanbiljon 19th Nov, 2018 Positive feedback
Start your project
Find tradesmen in Wigan, Lancashire
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Tradespeople
- Tradesmen in WN1