Extension (8m x 4m) - Bricklaying job in Swindon, Wiltshire
Brickwork and roofing for an 8m x 4m single story extension with titled lean to roof. To match existing, there are brick types; bottom layer and opening surrounds in Red, a 2 brick high band in Dark grey, and then Buff on top.
Raft foundation already done and signed off by BCO and Engineer.
- Brickwork from Raft foundation to DPC (2 bricks high).
- 8m cavity South back wall with 3000mm Patio door, 1200mm Kitchen Window and 900mm office window. Soft join to Existing South wall
- 4m cavity East side wall with 1300mm office window
- 4m Internal Breeze block work to form cavity with existing Garage wall and Soft join to Existing South wall
- Scree floor
- Replace 2 x existing Catnic lintels over existing kitchen window and door with a single lintel spanning the 2400mm opening and remove bricks below.
Following materials already purchased and will be on-site on 19 Jan:
- Celotex for floor
- All bricks and blocks, including engineering bricks for internal below DPC
- Sand and Cement
- Windows and Patio doors
- Ties and Furfix starter kits
- Drytherm batons
- Install cavity trays into existing South wall above new roof
- Construct, tile and insulate simple lean-to roof (no openings)
Roofing materials not yet purchased
Internal stud walls s walls etc. can be discussed.
Feedback for Goddard Construction
I highly recommend Goddard Construction
The build, especially brickwork and roof and internal walls etc. was completed to a very high standard. I am extremely pleased with the outcome. Even the building inspector commented favorably on the quality/thoroughness of the job.
John was collaborative and always worked with consideration for the customer, ensuring minimal disruption or delay. He drew immediate attention and resolved issues, suggested alternatives, and was happy to discuss ideas. His experience was invaluable in enhancing the outcome. He always took great pride in his work.
John maintained a professional approach throughout; each week discussing the work ahead with options and costs, and walked through bills showing invoices etc.
John managed the project very well, including supplies and timely engagement of skills such as plasterer, plumber, electrician and carpenter. He ensured the project maintained momentum and pace with minimal disruption.
I found John honest, likable, flexible and easy to work with. Not sure how he put up with me though :-)
The initial engagement was brickwork and roof, but as work progressed I was happy to extend this to interior walls and ceiling, then kitchen fitting and decorating, and had enough trust in John to allow the work to continue whilst I was away for several weeks.
We have a beautiful new home and I would not hesitate to recommend Goddard Construction.
Alan Taylor - a very happy customer
artbuild_43 17th May, 2018 Positive feedback
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery