Bungalow restoration - Restoration & Refurbishment job in Melksham, Wiltshire
TradeRestoration & Refurbishment
Start dateBefore Christmas
We are looking to carry out some restoration work on a 3-bedroom bungalow in Melksham.
There are 6 rooms in total (lounge/diner/kitchen are open plan) with the current approximate wall space of 200sq meters. Ceilings total approx 70sq meters.
We have the following work that needs doing:
- Stripping of wallpaper in all rooms
- Replastering of all rooms
- Removal of artex ceiling (we would prefer complete removal, but this is dependent on cost)
- Plaster/skim of ceiling throughout
- Redecorating to our requirements
- Replacement of woodwork - door frames and skirting
- Installation of new bathroom suite
- Repair of flat roof on extension
- Lead flashing to be repaired/added on garage
- Movement of gas boiler from one side of a wall to the other
- Plumbing to allow for washing machine in utility
- Knocking through of wall to create new door way into:
- Construction of shower/wetroom in garage space
- Tiling in bathrooms
Prior to the above work the house will be rewired. I am happy to receive quotes for all or parts of this work.
Added 24th November, 2011 : I am likely to only be available for site visits after 6:30pm on weekdays or any time at the weekend. We currently do not live in the property and want to be able to move in once renovation is complete so would be keen for someone to start work as soon as possible.
Added 24th November, 2011 : Also, one wall in the lounge has an Artex-type finish. This will need removing and replastering.
Feedback for Connect Construction Management Ltd
Initial impressions were good, but time keeping became an issue resulting in the last few finishing touches being rushed - we were moving furniture in while painting was still being done.
Kitchen was installed with issues in alignment and with 'sealant/silicon' used as an ineffective adhesive.
TV aerial wiring and telephone wiring was incorrect and incomplete including one face plate being installed damaged. Not one aerial point of the four installed was wired in correctly!
In addition the 'earth' cable from our boiler wasn't installed properly and the overall finish while good in most areas was lacking in others.
A window was installed in a bedroom without properly sealing around it leading to damp problems recently discovered.
Had Martin and co kept up the high standard of work they started with we would have been happy but the end result was disappointing.
colinmelksham 17th Jan, 2013 Neutral feedback
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery