Rear extention with roof top balcony - Extensions job in Uxbridge, Middlesex
Posted229 days ago by glenlive
I am looking to do rear extention for open plan kitchen and 2 nd reception/. but I’m wondering that is it possibly to have solid flat tile roof, to use as balcony, acces from bedroom on first floor?.. rear extention I’m looking at 23 ft wide and 10 ft long , no ide of conversion in m2. Please send me possibilities of ideas and rough quotations, I need this done before this summer. Don’t have high budget . Many Thanks
Feedback for R Green & Son Building Contractors
I have hired Richard and Ricky to do our rear extension. We are now in huge trouble as we paid most money and amount amount work to be completed and corrected and much more higher.
Windows fitted incorrectly not straight water leaking in.
the walls are not straight, gaps in between the cementing. Flooring is uneven and big gaps everywhere.
The Lintels used for base of the building and about the windows is below the legal limit. The blocks used on the outside are internal walls only because they absorb water causing damp, no possible space to rendering or plastering.
He has ruined my front and back gardens rubbish everywhere. Broken rear garden gates. Leaks coming in through roofs. He has had £19500 from me and ruined my house. I have got more photos,evidence and videos and 5 different builders with similar criticism on cheap material poor workmanship and amount of incomplete and faulty work. All the work has left incompleted e. g chimney wall, wiring , plumbing , flooring uneven , suspension flooring laid on with support underneath of soft blocks and bricks, outside guttering, manhole. Etc..... big long list !,,,!,,,
roof leaking and half open ,and they started putting plAster board inside and plastering , we had to beg him to completer roof but they demanded money instead.
Me and my family now undergoing financial and emotional loss n stress as we paid most of our hard earned money and seeking professional and legal advise to recover our loses.
glenlive 9th May, 2018 Negative feedback
R Green & Son Building Contractors's reply:
1. My Contract Was For £23000 - £26500 To Do A Back Extension
2. All My Work Was Passed Bye Hillingdon Council
3. The Client Used Secondhand Materials On Most Things
4. Roof Windows Was Secondhand And Was In Poor State But Client Still Wanted Them Fitted After My Advise And Fitted Correctly
5. The Roof Was Leaking Due To Not Being Completed. As The Client Was Rushing Us To Do Other Work For Him In Side The Extension He Wanted Me To Bye The Materials Left To Do On The Roof Due To Money Issues He Had
6. The Front And Back Garden Was Going To Be Cleard Once The Job Was Completed
7. The Suspended Floor Was Not Completed
8. The Lintils Used Was Cheaked Bye Hillingdon Council
9. The Back Gate Was All Ready In A poor State
10. The Clint Paid Us £17400 Evidence On Bank Statements
11. I Have A Signed Letter Asking Us To Leave Due To Personal Reasons From The Clint. On The Letter I Offered To Return And Complete The Work
12. My Clint Broke The Contract Between Me And Him And Wanted Extras All The Time He Still Owes Me Money
13. When I Returned To Collect My Last Off My Tools The Clint Begged Me To Stay And Help Him I Said I Would Return When He Had The Money To Complete The Job
14. The Out Side Block Work Was Fine As It Was Going To Rendered 3 Coats
15. The Clint Was Going To Get Loan To Complete The Work left And Let Me Know Once In Place As He Wanted Us To Return.
Thanks R Green & Son
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery