Condensing combi boiler installation - Gas Work job in Streatham Hill, South London
Replacement of 18 year old regular boiler (Glow-worm Hideaway 40B) with condensing combi boiler (Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28kW).
- property is a 2nd floor flat in a mid-terrace house in SW2.
- current boiler (rear flue) is located inside a unit in the kitchen, at rear of property.
- new boiler needs to be fitted inside an airing cupboard in the bathroom, at front of property, with a vertical flue through the roof and a weather collar.
- airing cupboard already contains the gas meter, and a 13 amp electrical socket.
- installation must result in a fully commissioned heating system, and include:
- cleansing/flushing of original radiators and pipes prior to installation
- electrical work associated with the installation
- issue of electrical test certificate on completion
- Gas Work notification
- removal and disposal of all parts of existing system from site
- minimum 1 year guarantee on work.
- if not included in installation price, additional cost of following should be clearly indicated:
- power flush
- replacing TRV and LS valves on existing radiators (5 double, 1 single)
- installing Magnaclean filter
- installing scale reducer
- viewing must result in fixed quote, not estimate.
- installers who are registered/willing to register with eaga preferred (to qualify for Warm Front £300 heating rebate for +60s).
- Gas Safe registration and full public liability insurance essential.
Feedback for Alaspects Property Maintenance
My “job” was to replace a regular boiler with a combi. I accepted Martin’s (very reasonable) quote, and he turned out to be an excellent choice - I have NEVER had a job completed so efficiently, and with so little hassle, before. Martin was punctual, capable, reliable and trustworthy; kept strictly to the agreed quote; and was meticulous about tidying up and removing rubbish from the site. Added to which, he: (1) has an exceptional work ethic, focusing fully on the job in hand; (2) was concerned throughout not just to meet the letter of the specifications, but to achieve a high qualify finish; (3) always responded courteously to queries, even at the end of a long and hard day; (4) replied promptly to emails/texts, and dealt quickly with any concerns. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Martin to others, or to use him again myself - in fact as soon as he’d completed this job, I asked him to do a bathroom refurbishment for me as well.
sw-londoner 22nd Jul, 2009 Positive feedback
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Tradesmen
- Tradesmen in SW2