Ceiling light - run wire from nearby socket - Electrical job in St Lukes, East London
1. I'd like to hang a light from the ceiling above my dining table, but there is no fitting there. I am looking for someone to run and fix a wire from a nearby socket along and up the wall, with an in-line switch, and then attach the light to the ceiling.
Ceiling height 2.5m, distance from socket to light position c.3m. Weight of light fitting is >500g, but <1kg.
2. Also to fit a wall light. Plasterboard.
* The following information was added Monday, 20th April, 2009 :
The description of (1.) above isn't that clear. I am envisaging the cable being run from a plug in the socket.
Feedback for GBM Electrics
Overall, a very good experience. I would hire Graham again and would recommend him to friends/family.
He was the only tradesmen to offer to come round and look at the job before quoting and his price was competitive. Despite the lighting in my place not being as expected, Graham was able to think of alternatives and still complete the job.
He was happy to explain to me what he was doing and tidied up afterwards.
jezza78 28th Apr, 2009 Positive feedback
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery