Utility room, kitchen conversion - Architecture job in Edinburgh, Midlothian
Posted1337 days ago by yes_25
Covert old style utility room into kitchen and knock through wall from main living room to the kitchen.
1. Move kitchen to utility room, reuse existing kitchen , move boiler from kitchen to utility room
a. Fit double doors from living room to kitchen.
2. Kitchen to become dining room, fit French doors to rear of kitchen onto garden area.
3. Insulate utility room, to become kitchen , relay all electrical and appliances, fit new window to rear of building with roof windows and install additional radiators
4. Paving outside the back exit of the kitchen to garden area.
Feedback for J C H Design
Drawings inaccurate and same repeated advice, round and round in circles with no end state. Worst money ever paid £100 for words. Could not recommend builders a And hire builders for the job. With inaccurate drawings given. Still awaiting some sort of basic plans. Faith in the building trade in question again?
yes_25 31st May, 2015 Negative feedback
J C H Design's reply:
Mrs Whyte was advised of the construction problems with the conversion of the utility room and making it comply with building regulations. I suggested she consider demolishing it and rebuilding a larger extension which would work easier with the existing house.
No response has yet been received from her
However Mr Whyte has contacted me to inform me that due to other circumstances the works will not be going ahead
Register and start receiving leads
Pick and choose from leads in your area
Contact details are exchanged
Win work and build your portfolio
- Tradesman start
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery