Job of the Year 2019 - COMPETITION CLOSED rules
- "MyBuilder" means MyBuilder Limited, registered in England No. 05272398 at 31a Clerkenwell Close, Clerkenwell, London EC1R 0AT and any employee thereof.
- "Tradesperson" means any business or sole trader who registers on the Website in order to quote for work posted by Customers.
- "Homeowner" means any person who submits or publishes a job on the Website for Trade Professionals to quote on.
- "Publishing" /"Publish" means distributing information by email, uploading information to any website and/or social media platform or distributed by way of print or any other electronic means.
- Participants enter the competition by submitting a photo of themselves and their finished job (up to 5 photos can be uploaded per entry) with some text explaining why their tradesperson deserves to win the award. You understand that we may remove entries that don’t meet this criteria and this will be done at the sole discretion of MyBuilder.
- You understand that by entering this competition that your entry is visible to the public and is open to the public vote. You can remove your entry via your entry page on the website at any time.
- The job you nominate the tradesperson for must have been completed in 2018 and you must have left feedback in 2018.
- Only one nomination per MyBuilder user is allowed.
- All entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
- All entries must be located in the UK.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries will close at 23:59 on the 6th February 2019.
- Participants may edit the photographs and description of their entry up until entries close at 23:59 GMT on 6th February 2019. Once entries are closed, no amendments to any entries can be made other than removal of the entry.
- By entering the competition and submitting your photograph(s), you agree to irrevocably assign all intellectual and property rights to MyBuilder and that your photograph(s) may be used for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
- By entering the competition you agree that if you are a winner that we may publish or share your Name and County as required under UK advertising code of practice. You further agree to indemnify MyBuilder from any damage that may be caused resulting from the publishing or sharing of your name and county with any third party.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive further email correspondence from our Marketing team in relation to this competition, whether you have previously opted out of our marketing mail list or otherwise unless you remove your entry from the competition.
- The Tradesperson agree that in the absence of notifying MyBuilder in writing that they do not wish to participate in the competition, these terms and conditions are accepted by the Tradesperson by way of them publishing information regarding this competition or otherwise participating.
- If you have given consent for your entry to be shared with external media, and you wish to withdraw this consent, you can do this at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entry will cease to be shared from the date of the withdrawal of your consent.
- MyBuilder does not hold any responsibility for any comments, opinions or further information outside of the content of the entry that may be published via external media. You agree to indemnify MyBuilder from any damages or loss that may be caused due to external media and other third parties publishing any comments, opinions or information relating to this competition and you.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries, without notice, and for any reason.
- No responsibility is taken by MyBuilder for entries which are lost, delayed or misdirected, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- This competition is not open to employees of MyBuilder, their family members, MyBuilder’s agents, or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- To vote for an entry, the voter’s name, email address, postcode and a short message must be provided. The voter’s name and message will be displayed publicly.
- Individuals taking part can lobby in all forms of media to get votes for their entries. Individuals taking part in this competition must ensure that permission is obtained from either the homeowner or tradesperson before any photographs or further details listed on the MyBuilder website or otherwise is published.
- Mybuilder does not accept any liability for any publications made by either the homeowner or tradesperson in connection with this competition.
- Only one vote per entry per person is permitted. Multiple votes will be disqualified.
- Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th February 2019. The 12 entries with the most votes will be shortlisted after voting closes.
- The winner will be selected from the shortlisted 12 entries by a panel of judges. Shortlisted entries will be judged on the professionalism and dedication of the tradesperson, the quality of workmanship, and how they exceeded expectations. MyBuilder may contact shortlisted entries for further information to help determine a winner.
- The winning entrant will be notified via email or phone. If MyBuilder cannot make contact with the winning entrant within 5 working days of the prize draw, MyBuilder reserves the right to determine a new winner.
- The winning entry will be announced on the MyBuilder website once the prize has been claimed.
- The prize is £2,500 cash for the entrant who posted the job and £2,500 cash for the business named on the trade account at the time of job being carried out. The prize money is paid to the winners by bank transfer only.
- There is no alternative prize
MyBuilder Limited reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to withdraw or amend this competition or alter these terms at any time for any reason without prior notice.Back to competition