Previous entry | Next entry

Chimney cowl

Bristol 

Hi my builder team.

Thanks for your email regarding the competition , unfortunately I posted my favourable comments too early regarding Jede Attwell. The job was completed to my belief but when we lit the gas fire, the room filled with fumes as it had done previously and activated the smoke alarm. We found this very disturbing and immediately contacted another builder who inspected the cowl and to my surprise he said it was the wrong cowl. Clearly moulded on it said NOT TO BE USED FOR GAS FIRES! Photos attached. The subsequent builder told me that the chimney was blocked with birds' nests. I tried to contact Jede but unsurprisingly there was no reply. I most certainly would not recommend this builder in the future.


View Job

Homeowner John Morley-Ward

Tradesman
Jede Attwell
Complete protection

Voting closed

0 votes

Job of the Year 2019

The judges are currently reviewing the shortlist and the winner will be announced soon. The judges of this year’s competition are MyBuilder CEO and Founder Ryan Notz, the winner of last year’s Job of the Year award Tim Taylor of T.I.M Building and Maintenance Ltd and property and interiors writer, Rachel Newcombe who runs Cosy Home Blog.

Are you ready to find a great tradesperson?

Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job