1. He submitted a really clear, very full and thoroughly broken down quotation, taking on board everything I had asked for.
2. He was the only bidder who proposed to carve a new egg-and-dart cornice from scratch, freehand (instead of taking a mould). He did this absolutely beautifully, with real old-fashioned stone-mason skills.
3. He was punctual, courteous, communicative and tidy.
4. He brought in equally satisfactory co-workers to make a new lead roof and do the external painting.
5. He bore with me patiently when I changed my mind about colours – even though he had bought the paint and had to take it back!
6. He took immense pride in his work, and did one section twice because he was not aesthetically satisfied (although I was!).
6. I would not hesitate to use him again, and recommend him.
Homeowner Jane Havell
SL Stone Restoration
Share and help this entry get more votes.