The socket for my washing machine blew, causing the downstairs fuses to trip. I wasn't sure how to find someone reliable. I came across MyBuilder and placed the job. I wasn't sure whether I'd find anybody. Within about an hour, Richard called me and we arranged for him to visit that evening.
Richard quickly identified the problem and replaced the socket. He also identified that the wall switch had blown. He made everything safe and said he'd try to source a new switch. Unfortunately, it wasn't an off-the-shelf item so thought it would take a few days. The next day, Richard confirmed he'd managed to get a replacement (he'd gone all the way to Cardiff for it) and fitted it that day.
Not only did Richard do a great job, but he went the extra (quite a few) mile to get the job completed.
Richard tidied up after himself and even helped me lift my tumble dryer off a shelf to check that socket too.
Whilst it was my first experience of MyBuilder and of Richard, I wouldn't hesitate using both again, and I think Richard deserves this recognition.
Homeowner David Harvey
J P Electrical Services
Share and help this entry get more votes.