How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable builders in Harrogate. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested builders through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
How much do builders cost in Harrogate?
Costs for building work can vary quite a bit depending on the nature of the work and the materials you choose to use. To give you an idea, if you’re planning an extension you can expect to pay roughly £1,300 to £1,600 per square metre.
It’s important to note that this may not include finishing work like installing kitchen units or worktops. And you’ll need to factor in hire costs if you need a skip (around £200) or scaffolding (usually between £400 and £900).
For more information, take a look at our pricing guide.
How can I find a builder near me in Harrogate?
When you post a job on MyBuilder, our clever matchmaking service identifies and alerts relevant builders who are local to you in Harrogate.
Using someone local makes sense; they don’t have too far to travel to come and discuss your job, which also makes any follow-up visits that bit easier. Plus, for any future building work you need, you could have a local professional just a phone call away.
You can also browse our listings and check out builders’ proximity to you. If you see a builder based nearby who looks like they might fit the bill, feel free to reach out to them for a quote, that’s usually the quickest way to start a conversation.
How do I know if a builder in Harrogate is reliable?
MyBuilder’s transparent reviews system lets you look through feedback from other homeowners. All reviews on our platform are from previous customers, and over 97% are positive. This means, as well as being able to check whether a builder has carried out work like yours before, you can also have peace of mind that they’re reliable and up to the task.
Here are some other ways to check if a builder is reputable before shortlisting them for your project:
- Ask for references from previous clients
- Ask if you can see a portfolio of previous work
- Ask for a detailed quote with a breakdown of materials and labour costs
- Find out if they offer any aftercare
- Check if they are members of any trade associations or accreditation schemes. These include the Federation of Master Builders, the Guild of Builders and Contractors, the Guild of Master Craftsmen and the National Federation of Builders
For more tips on finding a recommended builder in Harrogate, check out our hiring guide.
Top Builder Reviews
Builders working near Harrogate in North Yorkshire have an average review score of 99% positive based on 5,246 homeowner reviews.
Towns near Harrogate
Other trades in Harrogate
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Builder
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- How near can my neighbour build an extention to my boundry, the size he is considering does not require plannning concent.in adition this extention is going limit view / sunlight can i object?
- How do i know if the artex in our ceilings have asbestos in them?
- How many blocks do i need to build a extension 3.5mx3.5m x 2.4mhigh with a cavity
- What is current minimum foundation depth for new build house