How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable builders in Cambridge. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested builders through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
How do I find a builder in Cambridge?
Finding a qualified, professional builder in Cambridge is easy. With MyBuilder, you can share your project details on the platform for free. We’ll then send your job to hundreds of local tradespeople. Those interested and with the right experience can express interest, and then choosing the perfect builder for you is in your hands.
More than 90% of posted jobs receive interest from tradespeople, so you’ll likely soon have a list of expert builders to choose from. Or, if you see someone you think looks suitable, you can invite them to look at your job and start a conversation.
How do I choose the best builders in Cambridge?
Once you have a shortlist of interested builders in the Cambridge area, it’s time to pick the best tradesperson for the job. It can often be overwhelming to choose, especially if many tradespeople are interested.
Here are some top tips on choosing the best person for your job:
- Ask for references, reviews and photos of previous work
- Share as much information about the job as possible for clarity and strong communication
- Check prices and the fee structure
- Obtain quotations so you can see exactly what’s covered and what’s not
- Ask about insurance
For more advice on picking a tradesperson, have a look at our hiring guide.
What services do builders in Cambridge offer?
Builders in Cambridge offer a variety of services, including but not limited to:
- Garage conversions
- Loft conversions
- Complete home builds
If you’d like help bringing your visions to life, there are likely to be many individual builders and building companies in Cambridge happy to work with you on your project.
Check out our pricing guide if you’re wondering how much different building services cost. As well as the type of service, other factors affecting the overall project fee include how long the job is expected to take to complete and how quickly you’d like the work done. You can compare quotes from different tradespeople through MyBuilder, which can help to make the choice easier.
Top Builder Reviews
Builders working near Cambridge in Cambridgeshire have an average review score of 98% positive based on 8,806 homeowner reviews.
Trusted by experts
Don’t just take our word for it, homeowners love MyBuilder too. We’re proud to be rated by Mumsnet.
Towns near Cambridge
Other trades in Cambridge
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Builder
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- Can i lay loft boarding straight on top of insulation that is above the joists?
- How long will a loft conversion take?
- How many blocks do i need to build a extension 3.5mx3.5m x 2.4mhigh with a cavity
- How near can my neighbour build an extention to my boundry, the size he is considering does not require plannning concent.in adition this extention is going limit view / sunlight can i object?