How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable builders in Bedford. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested builders through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
How can I find a builder near me in Bedford?
When you’re looking for a builder, you’ll understandably want to find one near you in Bedford, whether you’re in Kingsbrook or Queens Park. Local builders could get to you sooner, and get your project started more quickly, than someone based further away. And if you build a good working relationship with your local builder, you could use them again for future work.
When you post your job on MyBuilder, we ask you to include your postcode so that we can match you with builders who are local to your part of Bedford. You can also look through listings and check individual profiles to see how close they are to you.
What should I look for when hiring a builder in Bedford?
Hiring a builder for the first time can be daunting, especially if you’re planning major work on your home. Here are a few things to consider about your potential tradesperson before confirming a job:
- Have they done similar work in the past?
- What kind of aftercare do they offer once the work is completed?
- Are they familiar with planning permission and building regulations?
- Do they have any formal qualifications or accreditations? While not essential, these can provide some peace of mind.
- Can they provide a detailed quote with a breakdown of materials and labour costs?
- Can they offer a payment plan?
- What kind of reviews do they have?
- Can they provide references?
For more tips on finding a reliable builder in Bedford, check out our hiring guide.
Can MyBuilder find me a cheap builder in Bedford?
When money’s tight, you’ll want to get the most competitive quote for building work. It’s completely free to post a job on MyBuilder, and we don’t charge a subscription fee. We’ll share your job with hundreds of builders in your area of Bedford so you can get a few quotes for comparison and find the one that best suits your budget.
While price is important, you can also be confident that we only allow experienced and reputable professionals, who’ll do the work to the highest possible standard, to join our site. That makes it less likely that you’ll need to fork out for any remedial work, saving you money in the long term.
Find out more about the costs involved in building an extension by taking a look at our pricing guide.
Top Builder Reviews
Builders working near Bedford in Bedfordshire have an average review score of 99% positive based on 10,058 homeowner reviews.
Trusted by experts
Don’t just take our word for it, homeowners love MyBuilder too. We’re proud to be rated by Mumsnet.
Towns near Bedford
- Newport Pagnell
- St Neots
- Milton Keynes
- Letchworth Garden City
- Leighton Buzzard
- St Ives
Other trades in Bedford
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Builder
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- Can i lay loft boarding straight on top of insulation that is above the joists?
- How do i know if the artex in our ceilings have asbestos in them?
- What is a reasonable payment schedule?
- How long will a loft conversion take?