Architects Registration Board
ARB's duties are contained in the 1997 Architects Act, and cover five main areas:
- Prescribing – or ‘recognising’ the qualifications needed to become an architect
- Keeping the UK Register of Architects
- Ensuring that architects meet our standards for conduct and practice
- Investigating complaints about an architect’s conduct or competence
- Making sure that only people on our register offer their services as an architect
ARB's work is overseen by a Board of 15 members. Seven members are architects who are elected by the profession, and the remaining eight are members of the public (lay members) who are appointed by the Privy Council.
*MyBuilder does not endorse this particular trade association or professional body.