Master Locksmiths Association
As the largest and longest established locksmiths association in the UK, standards of entry to the MLA are high and its motto of "Skill and Integrity" emphasise its determination to ensure that the public, government and industry receive the correct service and advice on security matters from its members.
The MLA is recognised as the authoritative body for UK locksmithing by: -
- The Police - many forces will encourage those in need of a locksmith to use MLA Trade Division members.
- Home Office - The MLA has been instrumental in campaigning for national standards in the locksmith industry and the regulation (through licensing) of the Private security Industry.
- British Standards Institute - the MLA supplies a panel of its members to assess locks under BS3621 clauses 4 and I 0 on their behalf.
- Risk Insight Strategy and Control Authority (RISCAuthority), Building Research Establishment (BRE) and many other trade and professional bodies all acknowledge the MLA as the authoritative body in its' field.
- The European Locksmiths Federation (www.eurolockfed.com); where the MLA represents the UK locksmithing industry.
The MLA also owns Sold Secure, an attack test house, certifying security products through attack testing. It operates its own scheme, which is recognised by the Home Office, insurers and police. All testers are MLA members and the testing is to its’ own high specifications developed with the relevant industry bodies.
*MyBuilder does not endorse this particular trade association or professional body.