Central Heating trade jargon

Jargon by trade
Bleed valve

A valve that releases air from the central heating system, or removes liquid from a tank or tube.

Read full explanation


An enclosed vessel in which water or other fluid is heated, used to heat water in a home and provide heating via radiators.


A duct or pipe for use within a chimney to direct heat and smoke upwards from the stove or fireplace.


HVAC is an acronym for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.


HVACR is an acronym for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.

Smart meter

A meter which automatically sends readings to the respective utility companies.


All Trademarks™ or Registered® Trademarks belong to their respective holders, and their use does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.