aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
Can external rendered walls be repaired/patched up easily?
The back of my house is rendered with sand and cement to half way up. I cannot afford to have it all removed and re-rendered (already had a quote) I have started to take off all the old paint (5 layers of it)in the hope I could revitalise it and a lot of the render has come away with the paint leaving areas of wall with no render, it now looks a mess basically. Would a reputable plasterer be able to repair these gaps if I make sure all the paint is off and what is left of the render is sound? Ball park figure of how much this may cost? Its an old red brick 3 bed semi. Pretty desperate really...
- Ygraville49 16th Mar, 2011 Plastering
- share this question:
u 2 Like
You can repair render but, it doesnt matter how good your plasterer/renderer is it will always look patched especially when the sun shines on it.
Best to go for a new rerender, prepare back ground, sbr slurry wall ,prior to scratch coat and float coat, with water proofer.
Without looking approx £35 pr metre.
Post your job on this site, My Builder and get at least three, free no obligation prices.
- B J D BUILDING/ROOFING 16th Mar, 2011
u 1 Liked
yes these can be repaired but with smooth render patches you can always see them. it would be a better job to do the full elevation.
- CHRIS MATHER BUILDING/PLASTERING CONTRACTOR 16th Mar, 2011
u 1 Like
better not to patch you will allways see the diffrence between old and new though you could patch and cover the old render with a render terolen patten come on the site you can contact me trough the site .
- TW plastering & building 1st Apr, 2011
u 0 Like
You do not need to take the old paint of you can seal it with a pva or plaster bond, then you can patch up the render and repaint.
- D WILSON 16th Mar, 2011
- i want to re render my 3 external walls with just taking off the old loose render and going over the rest Ymikemac_66 20th Oct, 2012
- Lime render on external wall coming away when only done last year Ysallymonster 15th Aug, 2013
- Rendering of external Wall Ytimbo16883 16th Jan, 2013
- Fixing a textured external rendered wall Yronald_53 31st Oct, 2013
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery