aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
How long will a loft conversion take?
On average how long will a loft conversion take to complete?
- Ylofty1980 17th Feb, 2011 Loft Conversions
- share this question:
u 49 Like
dormer loft conversion with bathroom and 2 bedrooms takes 6 / 8 weeks from start to finish
- K L R Builders 18th Feb, 2011
u 45 Like
No one can honestly answer with out knowing the consruction, steel works, what type of windows, dormers, velux.
Taking into account plumbing, electrics, plastering, stairs etc, it would be more than 2/3 weeks
- B J D BUILDING/ROOFING 17th Feb, 2011
u 23 Like
The average dormer style loft conversion takes approximately 4 to 5 weeks to construct from start to completion.
Hope this helps!
- TRUSTED BUILDERS 17th Feb, 2011
u 21 Like
UK Management Builders can complete a typical loft conversion in FOUR weeks or less. This applies to a three bed semi: inculding a two/three tier staircase,velux windows and flooring with beams/Steel Rsj and good plaster/skim finish. We always show examples of our work to customers.
All firms are different in terms of how they work and some take longer...sometimes much much longer.
Always ask to see examples of work so you know what type of quality finish to expect for the prices you maybe getting.
Basically, It all boils down to man power, more chaps on job the quicker they finish... so to answer the question nobody really knows how long a loft conversion will take....we all know they should take 4-8 weeks max, but problems can occur which can delay the job; weather, finance, people not turning up to work, design issues (leaks/load bearing stresses), you may even discover damage to property which was "hidden" until one started converting the loft etc.
I hope the above helps and you have a happy conversion experience.
UK Management Builders LTD
Peace of mind builders
- UK Management Builders Ltd 18th Feb, 2011
u 15 Like
There are so many contributing factors to a loft conversion that it is very difficult to give an accurate timescale. For those that have stated 3 weeks must have a large workforce on a relatively small conversion.
In my experience they can take between 5 - 12 weeks.
- NR Building Services 20th Feb, 2011
u 14 Like
those who have comented 2 /3 weeks are either cowboys or chancers, to do afull loft conversion under building regs , were you have to change every door and frame (exept wetrooms), maybe change lintls to satisfy load demands, an average loft will take between 6 to 10 weeks , anyone who says less proberly have never done a full loft under building control
- chris williams joinery&building 22nd Feb, 2011
u 14 Like
Hi there 2/3 weeks no way you are looking at 6/8 week to get it to a high Standard
- Remap Construction 25th Feb, 2011
u 10 Like
normally to complete a loft conversation take max.6weeks.
- elio 18th Feb, 2011
u 9 Like
Basic loft conversion should take no more than 2 - 3 weeks
- brick2houseconstruction 17th Feb, 2011
u 7 Like
We regularly do loft conversions to building control and never take over 4 weeks these people who say 10 weeks hello feeling guilty for outrages quote you gave either that or sack your lads and get qualified tradesmen
- DIAMOND CONSTRUCTION NW 2nd Mar, 2011
u 6 Like
I would say that most loft conversions should be complete in approx 2/3 weeks although there are many varying factors.
- Assured Building Services 17th Feb, 2011
u 5 Like
4-6 weeks actual build time, depending on size etc.
- JS Loft Conversions 12th Mar, 2011
u 4 Like
2 months start to finish for a high spec conversion.
2 - 3 weeks for a square flat top box on top of your roof. Nasty nasty.....
In other words 2 - 3 weeks estimate is total rubbish!!
- NLC Carpentry & Joinery 2nd Jul, 2011
u 2 Like
A loft conversion should take on average 4 weeks. Thats what we work towards. There are many contributing factors of course - size, steels, access, weather! But most good builders should be able to completet start to finish (including snagging) in 4 weeks.
- CAL - Cleverly associates Limited 31st Oct, 2011
u 2 Like
To build a loft conversion of 50m3 size on a good spec with new roof coverings and en suit bathroom should take between 6-8 weeks thats for a nice finish
- Harrow Lofts 19th Apr, 2012
u 1 Like
Ave 5/6 weeks
- MTR Lofts Ltd 22nd Apr, 2012
- Do I need building regulations to refurbish a loft conversion which was done ages ago? Ymattd8 21st Apr, 2011
- Must I really take my loft conversion ceiling down just to check there is 15mm ventilation gap under the tiles? Ydevonshire_way 20th Nov, 2011
- Example of a written quotation for a loft conversion? Ycassiebamabini 23rd Jan, 2013
- Loft conversion with velux window - convert to dormer - what's involved? Yginandpickles 7th Sep, 2012
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery