aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
How to keep my carpenterspencil at length?
By using the pencil is shortens. When its halfway the length it is difficult to get it out of my pocket. Has anyone ideas to solve this problem? And what is the best pencil to use; a oval shaped or a rectangle shape?
i found the solution on www.wannahavetools.com
- Ykobalk 9th Dec, 2011 Carpentry & Joinery
- share this question:
u 28 Like
When your pencil starts getting a little short,stick it in your back garden overnight then in the morning it will have grown another couple of inches thus solving your problem.
Don't water it to much though.
Failing that,keep it behind your ear where it should be instead of your pocket.
(I find oval pencils are best as they sit a lot nicer;)
- carl melady 11th Dec, 2011
u 27 Like
That's what ears are for. Most chippies have an I.Q higher than a fridge magnet...
Rectangle ones last 10 times longer...Rexel black edge Ideal for first fix
2h or 3h normal pencil is best for second fix.
- Rebel Carpenter 11th Dec, 2011
u 13 Like
What a brilliant question for a Sunday morning.
Stick the pencil behind your ear.
- B J D BUILDING/ROOFING 11th Dec, 2011
u 13 Like
Hello , to stop you loosing sleep over this can I suggest putting your short pencil behind your ear. It sounds like your a man with very deep pockets , so one could stitch your pockets up smaller. Ask a friend to do it, they probably will do for nothing. :-]
- T J Hubble 11th Dec, 2011
u 8 Like
Finger joint 2 pencils together, it will last twice as long then, thus alleviating the conundrum you have.(for a while)
Cheap oval pencils are nothing but little monkeys... the lead always snaps off when sharpening.
- J Chappell Joinery 15th Dec, 2011
u 7 Like
dont keep it in your pocket ,put it behind your ear like proper trades xx
- substructure 11th Dec, 2011
u 7 Like
buy a new one
- Finebuild Builders 12th Dec, 2011
u 6 Like
try keeping it on a long bit of string hung round you neck instead of putting it in your pocket
- max barnard 11th Dec, 2011
u 6 Like
Stick it behind your ear then you can look like a proper trades man.
- Ch kitchens bedrooms bathroom 11th Dec, 2011
u 3 Like
Having it in you tool belt slot designed for pen or pencil size. I only have little ears so putting it there is a no no. Plus putting it in your tool belt slot it is to hand if your up a scaffold or on the shop fitting floor doing a variety of jobs.
Plus you will never lose it a place for everything and everything in its place
If you do not have a tool belt you can buy a pack of pencils down the pound shop
Concept building services
- Concept building services 13th Dec, 2011
u 1 Like
Hanson pencil's make a pencil holder, the holder is the length of a standard new oval pencil, as the pencil gets shorter just push the pencil further down the holder. Costs a few quid, buy one from here:-
- Aura Carpentry 14th Dec, 2011
- why does my cicuit breaker keep tripping? Yignus 30th Jan, 2013
- Is it possible to keep existing wall tiles when changing a bathroom suite? Ylwills 8th Jun, 2012
- Pressure Gauge keeps dropping Ymargaret_39 3rd Feb, 2013
- Extending Length and Width Ypinz 7th Mar, 2013
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery