aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
I have a 3 bedroomed airey type house made with concrete slabs, I wanted to have this bricked up, can you advise the process I would need to go through and approx costs.
- Ystaffordshirelady 1st Nov, 2011 Bricklaying
- share this question:
u 3 Like
Theres quite a bit of work involved, all your rooms will have acro props in, to hold up all the floors etc, scaffold the house, all the panels removed, new foundations dug min 1m deep to the side of existing and tied in.
Its depending on your existing walls, but usually another 100mm selcon block wall is built, tied to existing, cavity insulation then face brick work.
All windows and doors to be repositioned or renewed, making good all plaster work.
The roof will have to be extended out.
You need a company that carrys out this type of work, as a certificate will be issued, stating the works carried out, as this affects the sale of the property.
There are to many variations involved in this type of work to give any where near the cost.
- B J D BUILDING/ROOFING 1st Nov, 2011
u 0 Like
I know a person whom had one of these houses and the cheapest way he found was to move out demolish it and rebuild it,,,,
- ABM plastering 11th Jan, 2012
- How do I begin the process of putting a dormer window in along the back of my house? Ysalstuart 19th Apr, 2011
- I want to include a shower room into an outhouse built into side of house. Does it need building regs, if so what would need to be done to reach regs? Ycelestite 4th Sep, 2011
- IF I'M CONSTRUCTING A COTSWOLD CHIPPINGS DRIVE ON CLAY DO I REQUIRE A HARDCORE BASE PRIOR TO THE MOT TYPE 1 GOING DOWN OR IF THE MOT TYPE 1 WAS DEEP ENOUGH WOULD THAT BE SUFFICIENT ? Yfedupofthemess 3rd Aug, 2011
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery