aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
I've got a Ferroli combi boiler that is heating the water but not the rads.
I've checked all the obvious but it still won't call for heat so it needs someone that knows. Who can help me without taking the mick?
- Ybigjohn_28 22nd Oct, 2011 Central Heating
- share this question:
u 0 Like
if its not calling its the stat or the circuit board, if it is calling but not heating its the valve in the boiler
- Louise Anthony Ltd 23rd Oct, 2011
u 0 Like
Sounds like the diverted valve may be stuck.
Properly needs replacing,happens a lot this time of year .
- High grade plumbing 23rd Oct, 2011
u 0 Like
If the boiler is otherwise working fine i.e. Hot water normal (not intermittent)
It's probably the room stat/ clock
If you have trv's , did you shut them all off during the summer? They may need re-opening. Or make sure the pins under the head aren't stuck down, although unlikey on all of the rads
I hate to state the obvious but room stat turned up?
Clock set correctly and switched to on?
- Lambert plumbing, heating & gas 27th Oct, 2011
- I have a Ferroli Domina E combi boiler. When the heating has been on a while the water to the upstairs shower (not power shower) is cold. Yrusty31 11th Feb, 2013
- Boiler heating radiators when heating water Yy2kjon 23rd Apr, 2014
- Combi boiler heating water red hot for first few minutes Yrichard_222 15th Sep, 2013
- Will a worcester combi boiler need water in the heating system,to heat the hot water? Ypaul2tall 24th Apr, 2012
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery