aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
Is it possible to fit new a new central heating system without having to rip up the carpets and floorboards upstairs?
- Yphoenix_33 24th Jul, 2011 Central Heating
- share this question:
u 1 Like
Yes you can but it would be a drop system and all pipe work would be surface mounted. So, pipe work would run along loft and drop down through ceilings in corners of room and then ran round wall to radiators. You would then continue these pipes down through the floor, through the ceiling down stairs and do the same process for downstairs. The down fall of this is that if you leave pipes exposed look unsightly or you can box them in. No nice way to do Central Heating if floors cannot be lifted or ceilings removed!!!!
Pipe Dreams Plumbing Services
- Pipe Dreams Plumbing Services 27th Jul, 2011
u 0 Like
No you need to get pipework from the boiler to each radiator
- IAN PRICE PLUMBING&HEATING 25th Jul, 2011
u 0 Like
It would be possible to install a new central heating system with no lifting of the upstairs floring.
However, please realise that this would mean a considerable amount of design work, routing the pipe-work from the ground floor.
It would involve, removing ceilings, at least in part, downairs and re-instatement of plasterboard and decoraton.
I have carried out a number of installations in this manner, usually where laminate / tiled / finished flooring is already installed upstairs and where the finished ceilings, downstairs are already requiring attention.
i.e. there is artex, which could do with covering up or where there exists particularly bad ceiling surfaces.
- Southsea Plumbing, Heating, Electrical & Gas Services 26th Jul, 2011
- Could new central heating pump affect radiators getting hot with just hot water on? Ylesliewl 24th Apr, 2014
- New boiler or new central heating system? Yswatt126 4th Jun, 2013
- New Central Heating System Ypipera 5th Nov, 2012
- Possible old lady being ripped off Yislandrach 27th Nov, 2011
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery