aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
Costs of fitting a kitchen?
How much does it cost on average for a days labour for a fitter to put in a flat pack kitchen?? Also how much should i be charged if the man has quoted me that it will take four days??? Any help would be much appreciated.
- Ymrsmccabe 23rd Feb, 2011 Kitchen Fitting
- share this question:
u 14 Like
I just fitted one for £7500.00 :):):)but of course plastering, lowered ceiling , downlights and reposition 2 rads ,flooring and decoration also included. Labour only. For some people £500 is too expensive and some of them happy with 10k. I prefer the last one. :)
- The White Ravens Limited 13th Jun, 2013
u 14 Like
You are all dreamers... average cost of kitchen remodelling is min. 3.5-4k. If you think you can refit your kitchen for 800 you must be really insane. Unless you talking just about replacement of 2 units..without touching worktops etc. Just a skip is about 2 hundred. So how you want to replace kitchen for 8??
- Romans Renovations 12th Apr, 2014
u 12 Liked
hi we been fiting kithen for over 35 years around the £1500 is the mark for fitting many thanks steve
- complete joinery service 8th Mar, 2011
u 11 Like
as with all above depend on size and whats involved.
in west midland i find a gas fitter will charge from £40 to £60 to fit a hob.
if you having electric im charge £80 for minor works part p £180 full part p and thats without cost of work. your job will be base on units tops and sink first off then anything else after. even places that same free fitting our not the cost is in the price of your kitchen.
- william bradley 8th Mar, 2011
u 9 Like
Totally agree with the advice of smf above,nice to see somebody else on this site actually knows what they are talking about.
- m w building construction and property maintenance 23rd Feb, 2011
u 7 Like
cost and time taken depends on size of kitchen how many units ,and variation of units ,electrics plumbing ect start from 1200 pounds upwards
- substructure 23rd Feb, 2011
u 7 Liked
Kitchen fitting is a specialist task and all fits are different, fitting costs by specialists are calculated on a per unit basis with additions for cutting (worktops, masons mitres and so on) alterations and appliance cutouts. The actual tarrif will vary from company to company, but if you search 'kitchen fitting prices' you should find a guide as many are posted. This is not something to trust to a non specialist as economy at the fitting stage can spoil the outcome.
- Simon Matthews Furniture 23rd Feb, 2011
u 7 Liked
There are others factors involved as well, The router bits to cut the worktops are expensive and can be only used once. Anyone charging cheap rates isn't going to be buying a new set of router tools. Silicone, worktop sealant (if not supplied with kitchen), mitre glue etc, these things used to be able to be factored into your wages, now they are so expensive you have to have them bought for you or bill the client. It's impossible to give a quote over the phone.
- Pro Finishing Services 25th Feb, 2011
u 5 Like
Hi, this all depends on how much a man values his labour, also diesel,traverling,and tools and if a tradesman, i would of thought someweare between £600 800 would be amount colin.
- Rigsby Property Maintenance 23rd Feb, 2011
u 5 Like
Generally you get what you pay for. An average of £1500 including electrician and plumber.
It should be done on a price not a day rate unless there is a very good reason.
A good kitchen fitter will have the best quality (festool) power tools on the market.
You dont need to be a genius to fit a kitchen. New entrys from a previous background will work for £120 a day or less.
A long term competent contractor who has made a career out of it should be earning about £220+ per day and should want to work on a price as he can only get about £180 on a day rate.
- Michael Murphy Builder 24th Feb, 2011
u 4 Like
hi there a kitchen fitter works on approx £120 per day, although this may vary depending on the size of the kitchen company. £480 for the four days but watch to see this doesnt run over if you are not there as day rate is never hurried , hope this helps ,john
- john fenton builder 23rd Feb, 2011
u 4 Liked
hi, if its 4 days - 600-800£.
this job not for labour - you need a trader ,joiner , kitchen fitter . need right tools .
- OAK GRANE.LTD 23rd Feb, 2011
u 4 Like
we would charge 130 a man for labour so around 500 - 600 pound to fit this kitchen
- dsd construction and property maintenance 23rd Feb, 2011
u 4 Like
You should be be able to find a very good kitchen fitter for £130-150 a day and be prepared to pay this, DON'T scrimp, for that price is probably half the kitchen supplier will charge you if they fit it!
If you're not happy with a day rate, ask for a fixed price. Has the fitter allowed for a plumber to connect the sink, electrician for the cooker etc etc.
- J Chappell Joinery 23rd Feb, 2011
u 3 Like
If having a kitchen kitchen fitted,you can not price accuratly without seeing the job,also you need to make sure the gas connection is done by gas safe approved fitter, and elecs by a aproved electrian,also dont pay day rates get fixed price.
- stephen services 24th Feb, 2011
u 2 Like
180 a day no problem
- Jeff Stockdale Plumbing and Heating 5th Mar, 2011
u 0 Like
- mark kirk wall and floor tiling 2nd Jan, 2015
- Maia worktop fitting - having problems getting someone to fit which is a nightmare as my kitchen has already been fitted! Would like to a rough idea of cost aswell Ystaceyc 22nd Apr, 2011
- Fitting a new kitchen - would really appreciate some pointers Ymartina_66 2nd Apr, 2013
- Are Ikea kitchen units difficult to fit? Yvbt 12th Mar, 2014
- Kitchen floor fitted with electric underfloor heating and tiled and pronounced dip has now appeared Ynicky_23 25th Jul, 2013
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery