aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
How do you stop a tree stump from re-growing?
Have managed to cut a tree down to quite a low height but am worried about it growing back. It's too complicated to dig out the stump & roots - there's paving close by- so was wondering what a quick & effective way was to treat the stump so that the roots are killed off/ tree stops growing back.
Any advice, gratefully received!
- Ynina 5th Jul, 2011 Landscape Gardening
- share this question:
u 4 Like
message me and i will tell you of an inexpensive product to use that will kill off your tree stump without the need to dig it out.
- carl melady 6th Jul, 2011
u 3 Like
The solution is to use a product such as Roundup Tree Stump and Root Killer. If you cut the tree more than a week ago, it is advisable to cut an inch or so off. Then drill lots of holes into the top surface, and fill the holes with the aforementioned product (in neat form).
- Oasys Property Solutions 5th Jul, 2011
u 3 Liked
Hi depends on what type of tree it was most conifirs/evergreens will not grow back however to make sure you could use a weed/root killer as suggested or you could strip the bark off the stump this will kill the tree. Pete
- Chapman Fencing & Landscaping 8th Jul, 2011
u 2 Like
Hi, the quickest and most effective method is to hire in a stump grinder, they are relatively simple to operate, and reduce the stump to saw dust well below ground level. ... Darren
- Garden Solutions 18th Jul, 2011
u 1 Like
There are products such as Tree root and stump killer available, some have tried drilling holes in stump and filling with diesol, fire a load of copper nails in.
I dont think any of these are very effective, the best way is to get a stump grinder in and cut it out.
- B J D BUILDING/ROOFING 5th Jul, 2011
u 1 Like
The quickest and most effective way is to hire in a stump grinder.
Looking at up to £250 for the day with a guy.
- NLC Carpentry & Joinery 6th Jul, 2011
u 1 Like
Stump grinders work best other methods take to long to complete.
- PROPERTY MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS 1st Aug, 2011
- enhance tree stump rotting Yricharddaniel 18th Nov, 2012
- Boundary clearly not followed - should fencer correct it? Yberry1979 29th Apr, 2014
- Pavement tree roots coming up through bricks of driveway - need quotes on headed paper for council insurance job. Insurance Company not being very cooperative! Ymiss_akram 26th Oct, 2011
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery