North Oxon Home & Property Maintenance
- Member since 5 Oct 2011
- wLocation: Banbury
- rFeedback score: 18 jobs 94% positive
- lInsurance verified: Limit £1,000,000
- >Painter & Decorator
- >Carpet Fitter
- >Flooring Fitter
- >Restoration & Refurb Specialist
- >Carpenter & Joiner
- Want a quote from this tradesman?
Click the Invite button to post a job, and this tradesmen will get an alert.
Other tradesmen will also be able to express interest in your job.
Ask a Tradesman answers
Below are this tradesman's answers to questions posted by our community.
I am in the process of getting my house replastered and replacing all internal doors/skirting. Would I get plastering done first or the skirting fitted first?
- Ypaulo_16 12th Apr, 2012 Plastering
u 0 Like
Let your plasterer do his skimming first, that way he doesn't need to try to trowel up from above a skirting board. He'll skim to an inch or so above the floor, you fit your skirting around when you're happy with what he's done.
- North Oxon Home & Property Maintenance 12th Apr, 2012
Also if the walls are wallpaper that has been painted, do you remove the paper first and sand back the walls or just skim over the top? Each tradesman has a very different approach and a different price. Advise is appreciated.
- Yfms_52 18th Apr, 2012 Plastering
u 0 Like
Regarding the ceiling, a plasterer would scrape the majority of the artex and then skim over the top.
Any plasterer who skims on top of wallpaper needs shooting! Remove wallpaper, give a good rub down and apply a coat or two of pva glue prior to two coats of plaster.
- North Oxon Home & Property Maintenance 19th Apr, 2012
How MyBuilder Works
- Post a job
- Describe what needs to be done
- Get Quotes
- Tradesmen respond quickly online
- Hire Tradesman
- Compare profiles & feedback reviews
- Leave Feedback
- Your review matters!