- Member since 16 Mar 2011
- wLocation: Clapton
- rFeedback score: 4 jobs 100% positive
- lInsurance verified: Limit £1,000,000
- >Architectural Designer
- Want a quote from this tradesman?
Click the Invite button to post a job, and this tradesmen will get an alert.
Other tradesmen will also be able to express interest in your job.
I am an architect with over 20 years experience. I am efficient and conscientious and will do my best to meet your needs in a professional & friendly manner.
James has done a very good job. The drawings he prepared were very detailed and were praised on several occasions by builders who read them. James was very helpful with the local council and was guiding us through the application process. Even after his job was done if we have a question or were uncertain about something James was happy to respond to our emails. We find James qualified, experienced and very supportive. Thank you, James.
- keepingbusy - 9th Jun, 2012Positive
Conversion into a guest bedroom (Architectural Services)
|Insured: James Mills (trading as Vesica Design)|
|Public liability limit of indemnity: £1,000,000.00||Valid until: 28th Feb 14|
|View insurance documents|
July ’10 – to present Self Employed
• Meitheal Community, Donegal, master plan for redesign of community buildings including existing fort
• Internal house refurbishment, Chislehurst, Kent and Double storey extension (in planning) in West End, Surrey.
Dec ’09 – July ’10 Liam O’Connor Architects, EC1
• Bomber Command Memorial, Green Park. Design development, planning application, Contract sum £4 million
• Eaton Square, WC1 – Planning application for remodelling and extension to existing townhouse, £1.5 million
March ’04–Oct ‘09, EUA, London, EC1Y 8QX.
• Maesllwyni Hen, Powys. Refurbishment & Extension of historic farmhouse, Contract value £500K. Project architect Stages A-L
• Zenith House, Colindale, New Build Mixed use development 320 flats & community facilities, Contract value £60 m,
• Fitzroy Yard, London, NW1 Conversion of Offices to House, Contract value £500K..
• 19 East Heath Road, London NW3 New Build house, Contract value £80 K
• Ranthambhore, Rajasthan, India. Design of new energy efficient hotel
February ’09–Guest lecturer giving a 1 day seminar on Sacred Geometry at Nottingham University 3rd year architecture unit 1.
June ’09 – Lecture - gave an architectural lecture on the ‘Force of Forms’ to a conference on spirituality and service for the Lucis Trust in London.
November ’03 – Feb ’04, EPR Architects, 21 Douglas Street, SW1P 4PE
• Temple Back, Bristol. Office development, Contract value £2m
Sept ’02 – Sept ’03. Travelling in South America & teaching English
June 1995 – Sept 2002, RHWL Architects, 77 Endell Street, WC2
• Clifton Ford Hotel Extension incl. Holmes Place Health Club, WC1 £25 million. Project Architect
• County Hall, Westminster, Marriott & Travel Inn Hotels & Health Club £400 million hotel projects include: Riverbank Hotel, Albert Embankment, £40 million; Malmaison Hotel, E1, £40 million; Four Seasons Hotel, Canary Wharf, £30 million.
August - Dec 1994, R Cowan Architects, 22 Caroline Plc, W2
• New build maisonettes. Preparation of tender drawings
Feb 1993 – April 1994, ECD Architects, 11-15 Emerald St, WC1
• Linacre College, Oxford and Anglia University Library. Design Development & preparation of tender documentation
Feb 1987 – July 1992, Andrews Downie Architects, 6 Addison Av,
• 4 new-build town houses; refurbishment of houses in W11; Factory Extension; Pub to Office Conversions; Golf Clubhouse design
General project running, detail design, contract admin & prod info
Qualifications & Accreditations
Professional Practice, May 1992, Polytechnic of North London, this qualification makes you a qualified architect registered with the Architects Registration Board.
Diploma in Architecture (Hons), June 1991, North London Poly
RIBA Pt 1, Feb 1983 – Dec 1985, Natal University, South Africa
I am an all rounder in terms of architectural ability. I will design your project, apply for planning on your behalf, communicate with the planning authority and project manage the construction of your project if this is what you require.