- Member since 16 Mar 2011
- wLocation: Clapton
- rFeedback score: 3 jobs 100% positive
- lInsurance verified: Limit £1,000,000
- >Architectural Designer
- Want a quote from this tradesman?
Click the Invite button to post a job, and this tradesmen will get an alert.
Other tradesmen will also be able to express interest in your job.
I am an architect with over 20 years experience. I am efficient and conscientious and will do my best to meet your needs in a professional & friendly manner.
Thorough and meticulous service, very personable gentleman, would use again without hesitation.
- amr_54 - 9th Oct, 2012Positive
Measured survey of 3-story Georgian maisonette, N1 (Architectural Services)
|Insured: James Mills (trading as Vesica Design)|
|Public liability limit of indemnity: £1,000,000.00||Valid until: 28th Feb 14|
Insurance documents will be made available once this tradesman has expressed interest in your job.
July ’10 – to present Self Employed
• Meitheal Community, Donegal, master plan for redesign of community buildings including existing fort
• Internal house refurbishment, Chislehurst, Kent and Double storey extension (in planning) in West End, Surrey.
Dec ’09 – July ’10 Liam O’Connor Architects, EC1
• Bomber Command Memorial, Green Park. Design development, planning application, Contract sum £4 million
• Eaton Square, WC1 – Planning application for remodelling and extension to existing townhouse, £1.5 million
March ’04–Oct ‘09, EUA, London, EC1Y 8QX.
• Maesllwyni Hen, Powys. Refurbishment & Extension of historic farmhouse, Contract value £500K. Project architect Stages A-L
• Zenith House, Colindale, New Build Mixed use development 320 flats & community facilities, Contract value £60 m,
• Fitzroy Yard, London, NW1 Conversion of Offices to House, Contract value £500K..
• 19 East Heath Road, London NW3 New Build house, Contract value £80 K
• Ranthambhore, Rajasthan, India. Design of new energy efficient hotel
February ’09–Guest lecturer giving a 1 day seminar on Sacred Geometry at Nottingham University 3rd year architecture unit 1.
June ’09 – Lecture - gave an architectural lecture on the ‘Force of Forms’ to a conference on spirituality and service for the Lucis Trust in London.
November ’03 – Feb ’04, EPR Architects, 21 Douglas Street, SW1P 4PE
• Temple Back, Bristol. Office development, Contract value £2m
Sept ’02 – Sept ’03. Travelling in South America & teaching English
June 1995 – Sept 2002, RHWL Architects, 77 Endell Street, WC2
• Clifton Ford Hotel Extension incl. Holmes Place Health Club, WC1 £25 million. Project Architect
• County Hall, Westminster, Marriott & Travel Inn Hotels & Health Club £400 million hotel projects include: Riverbank Hotel, Albert Embankment, £40 million; Malmaison Hotel, E1, £40 million; Four Seasons Hotel, Canary Wharf, £30 million.
August - Dec 1994, R Cowan Architects, 22 Caroline Plc, W2
• New build maisonettes. Preparation of tender drawings
Feb 1993 – April 1994, ECD Architects, 11-15 Emerald St, WC1
• Linacre College, Oxford and Anglia University Library. Design Development & preparation of tender documentation
Feb 1987 – July 1992, Andrews Downie Architects, 6 Addison Av,
• 4 new-build town houses; refurbishment of houses in W11; Factory Extension; Pub to Office Conversions; Golf Clubhouse design
General project running, detail design, contract admin & prod info
Qualifications & Accreditations
Professional Practice, May 1992, Polytechnic of North London, this qualification makes you a qualified architect registered with the Architects Registration Board.
Diploma in Architecture (Hons), June 1991, North London Poly
RIBA Pt 1, Feb 1983 – Dec 1985, Natal University, South Africa
I am an all rounder in terms of architectural ability. I will design your project, apply for planning on your behalf, communicate with the planning authority and project manage the construction of your project if this is what you require.