Clear and insulate small loft - Insulation job in Crofton Park, South London
2Clear and insulate small loft
The loft is approx 9m x 9m, and no longer contains any water tanks or large fitments. Access is via a fitted loft ladder.
It was previously boarded in places with chipboard or hardboard laid across the joists, and insulated with rock wool. There is old dirt and debris of various kinds between the joists as well.
1. Remove the old boarding (which was taken up by electricians to install recessed lighting) and rock wool.
2. Hoover up remaining debris between joists.
3. Lay rock wool between joists
4. Board over joists (Screw down to allow future access to electrics, and mark location of lights).
5. Hang quilted insulation on inside of rafters.
Difficulties: Roof is only 2m at apex, so conditions are cramped. Also you will be required to be exceedingly careful to avoid spreading any dirt outside the loft!
Please quote for labour: we can discuss materials.
- Feedback left for R Clarke Property Services
We ended up reducing the scope of work (clear out the loft of all of the old rockwool, etc), and we hired Robert. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He showed up on time, and though he had a very unenviable task, he did so with incredible efficiency and good humour. (I'm not sure he even stopped for a break...7 straight hours of cramped, very dirty quarters.) He was also very tidy, after clearing out 20+ bags of rockwool, there was not a speck of stray dirt. We would certainly hire Robert again, his work ethic is unmatched, and he did an excellent job.
- brockleyhouse 25th Jan, 2011Positive
MyBuilder for Tradesmen
- Sign up
- Register as a Tradesman
- Express interest in jobs
- Choose the jobs you want
- Get Shortlisted
- Job posters will add you to their shortlist
- Win Work, Get Feedback
- Positive feedback gets you more work
- Building jobs in Crofton Park, South London
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery