Sash window restoration - Windows job in Bristol, Avon
2Sash Window Restoration
Looking for a specialist to restore , repair and record our sash windows. First window is 2.4 Metres tall, 1.7 metres wide.
- Fixups to the case - some rot on the exterior needs hardener + wood preservative on the rest, then repainting
- The boxes themselves probably need the paint sanding back to get a good fit (Very tight at present)
- Removal, restoration and repainting of the two sashes
- replacement of the glass in the bottom sash with safety glass
- Rehanging with new cords, make weights, would like to replace the pulleys at the same time
If this goes well we have another 6 or 7 windows that need the same treatment over a period of time.
Always someone here for a quote visit. I know this is a busy time for sash window experts so prepared to wait for the right job. Also this is an important window to me as it is in my office and I stare through it every day!
Can be done on site or removed and returned.
- Feedback left for R.J Gurney
A very tricky job it turned out to be.
- kenhayward 17th Sep, 2011Neutral
R.J Gurney's reply:
I WAS AWARDED THIS JOB BUT DID NOT UNDERTAKE IT. I ASSUME KEN HAYWARD GOT ME MIXED UP WITH WHOM HE EMPLOYED TO CARRY OUT THIS JOB.
MyBuilder for Tradesmen
- Sign up
- Register as a Tradesman
- Express interest in jobs
- Choose the jobs you want
- Get Shortlisted
- Job posters will add you to their shortlist
- Win Work, Get Feedback
- Positive feedback gets you more work
- Building jobs in Bristol, Avon
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery